Leaderboard
728x15

Blue Mosque, Istanbul

Large Rectangle

Some cool image sites images:


Blue Mosque, Istanbul
image sites
Image by dachalan
Replaced with full size and recropped image on 23 May 2012.


Doors of India
image sites
Image by Stuck in Customs
Daily Photo - Doors of India

India is filled with all sorts of amazing temples and fine examples of Mughal architecture. When visiting the famous places, there are often a lot of "periphery" buildings that are quite empty. The crowds flock to the centers of these places, but all kinds of little treasures wait around the edges. I think being a photographer (beginner or advanced) helps you to enjoy the other bits as much as the major bits.

The only problem, if it can be considered a problem, is that you are constantly over-stimulated by any place that is remotely interesting! There is a bit of sensory-overload, but I guess there are worse things in life!

Comments on the Site
We have thousands of posts here and other subpages. Comments get sprinkled in all over the place every day. I do my best to respond, so please do not take it personally if I can't get back and answer a question. I was thinking about hiring someone to do it for me - but that seems kinda strange... so I'll just keep trying to do my best!

I noticed a sour grape over on the About Me page. I always leave up negative and critical comments (unless they are outright offensive). We run about 99% positive around here, but I'm always open to dissenting opinions, as in this one from "TRC" below:



Submitted on 2010/04/20 at 7:21pm

sorry, but your photos look way to clarified and contrasted that it completely defeats the purpose of SLR photography. . . . . .

If i wanted wanted a shot that has every thing sharp in it, i’d use a point and shoot.

Where is the shallow depth of field, its like you’ve maxed out the clarity levels in every photo and crushed the blacks in every photo. . . . .

You photos look crap.

Banner