Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Free Photo Software photos

Large Rectangle

A few nice free photo software images I found:


Good Enough to Eat at Sunny Acres Food Stand
free photo software
Image by grandmasandy+chuck
Los Osos, CA. The Nik Software Complete Collection that I purchased on sale at the California Photo Festival arrived yesterday in the mail. After installing it on my computer, I registered it and by the following morning an e-mail had arrived saying that because I had purchased the complete set, my free copy of the NIK HDR Efex Pro that was now available was waiting for me. After downloading it, I went to www.niksoftware.com/hdrefexpro/usa/help/ and copied information on getting started, used the interface ("Scroll over and click on the elements to learn about the tools and see them in action. Clickable items are denoted by a yellow dot.") Then I downloaded and printed the twenty-three page Quick Start Guide and plunged into doing my first HDR using the software. Although I know I could have done much more to the image, I wanted to compare it to other ways of doing the same set of photos in HDR and was amazed at how clear it came out. Now I need to learn more about using HDR Efex Pro and the NIK Software Complete Collection which should be fun.


phototrackr
free photo software
Image by mararie
just before i'm going on holidays, i've bought a phototrackr!

the software that came with the phototrackr is quite horrible (not only the layout, but it also took me quite some time before i succeeded to get the gps data in the pictures), so i've decided to use the free software geosetter. happier now: much more detailed, more user friendly, and a better layout!


concerning the phototrackr itself:
+ able to adjust recording speed between 1 and 3600 seconds.
+ small and quite fast
- only able to adjust recording speed and other hardware changes when the phototrackr is connected to a computer
- after changing hardware / battery it needs 10 minutes to find gps data

just a regular comment on photos: i don't like it that the exif data gets lost when cropping a file with irfanview. i don't want to use photoshop or other big programs if i only need to crop pictures. love irfanview, because it's simple and very fast to use


sketch
free photo software
Image by shawnblog
www.shawnblog.com/2006/11/10/photo-to-sketch-free-software/

Banner