Leaderboard
728x15

The Mirror Chase

Large Rectangle

Check out these photo ideas images:


The Mirror Chase
photo ideas
Image by MTSOfan
On Saturday, while visiting a barn sale, I saw this mirror on the wall. I love reflective surfaces, so I automatically snapped a picture and kept going. When I got home, I viewed it on the computer, noticed how much of the barn I could see in its dirty surface, and had an idea.

My friend, Sandra , has been doing a series with two identical wedding dresses she purchased cheaply at a flea market. She uses one as a prop in various locations, from barns to public parks to railroad tracks. (The other has been a back-up). Sandra comes up with some interesting contexts for a simple, white dress!

My idea was to imitate her, but to use the convex mirror to display where I am. Visiting the river, playing with children, sitting in my office. Different environments, same gawdy plastic frame.

So, I ran back to the barn the next day. I figured the owner would sell it to me for five dollars.

Alas, someone beat me to it. Minutes before I arrived, it had been sold. I checked Amazon, but they don't have quite the right thing. And, what they do have is expensive.

So, now I'm on the look-out for a convex mirror. Glad it's yard sale season!


inside man people
photo ideas
Image by jorgempf
i will try to explain better over time, but for now ill say my idea is to create a group of people here that produce this images with a movie and some of the actors and maybe also the director of that movie and also other images with the movies of an actor (see my other image) and then link all them.

other thing: all images used in the mix of this image where found here in flickr with cc


moleskine photo ideas
photo ideas
Image by idlphoto

Banner