Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Photo Album photos

Large Rectangle

Some cool photo album images:


My grandmother at the wheel of a 1911 Regal Underslung
photo album
Image by DBerry2006
That is definitely my grandmother, Violet Bray Berry, about 1912. The car is obviously about 1911-1912 vintage and has an underslung chassis & suspension, meaning that the frame goes under, rather than over the axles, giving the car a lower center of gravity and a very rakish and sporty look. However, it is not an American Underslung, the most prevalent of the underslungs of the day. After careful study of enlarged views and comparison with other photos I have found, I think it is a much more rare Regal Underslung. The sign in the store window indicates that they are in front of a Stoddard-Dayton dealership, but it definitely isn't a Stoddard Dayton. I don't know the location, but my guess is that it was taken in Berkeley, San Francisco or Santa Rosa, CA or somewhere in that part of the world. I do know that it didn't belong to anyone in my family, but I sure wouldn't mind owning it today!


Abbey Road
photo album
Image by Alejandro Castro
El día que me regalaron el vinilo LP, The Beatles - Abbey Road


Kern County Union High School Bus, about 1915
photo album
Image by DBerry2006
I don't know what make this bus is - any guesses? My grandfather taught at Kern County Union High School, Bakersfield, CA about 1915-1920. "Union" was added to the school name in 1915 according to a Wikipedia article I found.

Banner