Leaderboard
728x15

Owego Earth Day Pano

Large Rectangle

A few nice earth image images I found:


Owego Earth Day Pano
earth image
Image by simon.hucko
my little corner of the world. 11 images stitched using Hugin. (16/52)

see all the glorious detail here


Spaceship Earth Dwarfs the Moon
earth image
Image by Tom.Bricker
Walt Disney World Resort
EPCOT Center
Future World
Spaceship Earth


I don't normally revisit past shots for at least a couple of years unless I feel the original is less-than-stellar, but in this case, exactly 364 days after taking this shot, I decided to recreate one of my favorite shots from 2010.

There were a few reasons I did this. First, I love taking Spaceship Earth photos. Second, the legs no longer had the Leave a Legacy styling. Third, the full moon against the huge geosphere was a nice juxtaposition. Finally, I traded in the orange sky that everyone (except me) seems to hate for a beautiful clear star-filled blue sky (at least on this end of the park).

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the shot. Sometimes, as they say, you go with what works!

Today on DisneyTouristBlog, I provide an assortment of free Disney Facebook Cover images to make your new Timeline Facebook profile pop!

DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Camera Buying Guide | Google+


Detail: Crescent Moon, Earth's Atmosphere (NASA, International Space Station Science, 09/04/10)
earth image
Image by NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center
Editor's Note: This is a crop-in of this larger image: www.flickr.com/photos/28634332@N05/4971286005/ This is my favorite moon image in a long while!

A setting last quarter crescent moon and the thin line of Earth's atmosphere are photographed by an Expedition 24 crew member as the International Space Station passes over central Asia.


Image credit: NASA

View original image/caption:
spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/station/crew-24/html/...


More about space station science:
www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/science/index.html

There's a Flickr group about Space Station Science. Please feel welcome to join! www.flickr.com/groups/stationscience/

Banner