Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Heart Image images

Large Rectangle

Check out these heart image images:


Kept Heart
heart image
Image by haunted by Leonard Cohen
Here is a really crappy photo of the present I made for my husband in celebration of 14 years of marriage, in 2006.

For many of our anniversaries we have made gifts for each other. This started as a way to show our love in an cost-efficient, non-commercial, hyphen-loving manner.

The traditional gift is ivory, which is of course illegal to purchase. One of his buddies suggested he get me a bar of Ivory soap for a gift. Charming right?
I however thought it was a great idea and began thinking of a way to use ivory soap to carve a gift.

I used an anatomical model up at the school, probably got someone in trouble for too many overrides-- and also used some medical illustration sites for refrence, one's kinda juicy,so if you're squeamish, don't click! www.fotosearch.se/LIF124/3d402010/
www.science-art.com/image.asp?id=1979

I glued two pieces of soap together with Elmer's glue. I should have taken the time to make a slurry out of soap shavings as the glue was harder than the soap and didn't make a smooth seam. Also, it is now turning yellow on my lovely carving.

One of the things I really appreciated about carving the soap was the non-toxic properties and how easily it carved with a cut off hack-saw blade and a dental tool. Yay dental tools. My dentist thought I was crazy when I asked him for some old tools, but lucky for me he relented.

I painted the box in highly toxic gold epoxy, and sewed the little pillow.

Maybe some day I can take a photo of the details that is in focus , it's really kinda cool and I enjoyed the process.


Graffiti artist at work with tools
heart image
Image by incurable_hippie
A photograph of a graffiti artist spray painting a public wall, with paint and cans in the foreground... as exhibited in the Mall Galleries in London!

philippaphotography.blogspot.com/2008/11/exhibition-at-ma...

philippaphotography.blogspot.com/2008/07/espre.html


Heart in Clouds
heart image
Image by Bob.Fornal
I saw this shape in the clouds on the way home today ... was playing with the image and liked the green-shift ... enhanced (darkened) the space where the heart is and added the reflected light source to enhance what you are looking for.

I did not modify the shape or position of the clouds ... just the color/contrast ...

Banner