Leaderboard
728x15

Show-off :-)

Large Rectangle

A few nice photo show images I found:


Show-off :-)
photo show
Image by stewartbaird
The little show-off! Imagine how it must feel to open-out those lovely feathers. I was on hand with the 70-200mm f/4 to catch this moment. I thought of framing the bird closer then normal so focus in on the brilliant blue. On the post-processing side, I used a little Topaz Clean; it can make feathers and fur very dynamic. Personally I like to reduce the effect by applying a Gaussian blur to a duplicated layer.

They say that if you fall in love with avian photography you never go back; they have so much variety and life. A lifetime of chasing them, of gazing on their beauty; no camera can really portray such beauty.

Any comments welcomed; comment and I will follow you back!

See it full-size here.

From my blog at www.stewartbaird.com

Follow me on Twitter

Google+

Contact me through my blog if you’re interested in high-resolution versions of any of my photos.


And the Clown Laughed
photo show
Image by Puzzler4879
***PLEASE!! NO MULTI-GROUP OR STRING INVITATIONS!! ONLY ONE GROUP INVITATION AT A TIME. THANK YOU!!**

Just a fun image that I've been meaning to upload for a while. I thought this Paphiopedilum Orchid looked a little like a laughing clown. Then my wife thought that the upper red petals looked to her like floppy dog's ears, like on the hats clowns sometimes wear.

What do you see??

Seen at the Tenth Annual Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx. Visit the Garden at www.nybg.org.


Great pose but I could do without the shadow and narrow backdrop
photo show
Image by Alaskan Dude
I met Heather at the Run to the Sun Fashion Show in Anchorage, Alaska in April, 2009. We only had a brief opportunity to shoot back stage after the show. We talked about shooting with our group but things just fell through the cracks - so Heather, if you're still in town we would most definitely still love to shoot with you!

Banner