Leaderboard
728x15

sewer party

Large Rectangle

Some cool photo lights images:


sewer party
photo lights
Image by gnackgnackgnack
Ok it was maybe not quite like the manhattan sewer and ok we didn't meet leonardo, raphael or donatello from the Ninja Turtles, but we went into the Antibes' sewer system last night to try out some light painting and it was awesome (in fact it's more a storm rain drain than a sewer).

Just so exciting to be there. It gave us tons of ideas for nice light painting photos. I'll try to post a couple more interesting shots in the coming days.

Vincent is the master of the light in this picture, he was the one doing the spiral while I took the shot.

Thanks again to Benoit, Julian, Vincent and Adrien for this great night in the drain ;-)


A Snowy Night at the Kiev Opera House
photo lights
Image by Stuck in Customs
If you want to see how I made this (and how you can too!), visit my HDR Tutorial. I hope it gives you some new tricks!

The Eastern Bloc countries always held a certain mystique to me. Since I grew up during the cold war, I've thought going anywhere near the USSR would be like a Star Trek redshirt visiting the Klingon capitol. Kiev, of course, by this time is a much friendlier place to visit. It still held a lot of the old imposing Soviet architecture that made you feel like you are always being watched by a government official. When I would set up to take photos, I noticed many a suspicious eye looking in my direction, as if, perhaps, maybe I was a government official posing as a photographer.

It was quite icy and snowy in Kiev that night. I walked up near the opera house and found this shot. The blue lights inside along with the old Soviet car out front gave it all a very cool feeling.


from my daily photo blog at www.stuckincustoms.com

Banner