Leaderboard
728x15

Goggle Glasses

Large Rectangle

A few nice fun with photos images I found:


Goggle Glasses
fun with photos
Image by jurvetson
With Google Fellow Sebastian Thrun at lunch today.

These cool glasses come with embeddded prisms that detect head rotation to immerse you in an alternate reality or 3D projection, riffing off objects in the real world... (more on Google Glasses)

Some notes from Sebastian's talk on the founding of the Udacity MOOC:


"I was deeply inspired by seeing Sal Khan’s presentation on Khan Academy, on Youtube. Each of his videos reached more students than I would teach in a lifetime at Stanford.

I knew ftom Google that the average YouTube video view is 9 seconds.

Before we opened the first AI class, Norvig thought we would get 500 students, and I was more optimistic; I thought we might get 10,000. We went online with a paragraph description. By Sunday, we had 20,000. On Monday I got a call, as I forgot to tell Stanford abut the project. We then had many discussions!

In the end, we had 160,000 students register internationally. There were more students in Lithuania alone taking the class than Stanford students.

The top 412 students were outside Stanford. The top Stanford student was number 413.

Our all-in cost was 6 cents per student."


May The 4th Be With You
fun with photos
Image by JD Hancock
Happy Star Wars Day!

Part of my Stormtroopers series.


--
See detailed setup info and learn more about this image at the source.

Source: photos.jdhancock.com/photo/2013-05-04-102439-may-the-4th-...


bangbang
fun with photos
Image by Yannic Meyer
Taken with Sony A700 + Sigma 17-70mm F2,8-4,5 DC Asp. IF Makro

As I gathered enough mony for it (Chritsmas+birthday on 05.01.) I went out yesterday evening to buy my Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 HSM II (to make it short; those lens-producers like to put thousends of letters into the lens names).

As the name suggests its autofocus is driven via a hypersonic motor. Hence AF-Operation becomes almost noiseless and faster. I weren't able to test the image quality till now but the build quality is great and the AF rocks, although I expected it to be faster.

UPDATE: I used the great weather to take some photos in the snow and this lens rocks! It might not be as sharp as the similar priced Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 but the HSM-autofocus is fun and after stopping down a little bit it gets razor sharp. In addition you always are held to be a newspaper photographer. As I walked by a guy said to his friend: "Damn, we're too late for the HNA [local newspaper]".

Banner